Tuesday, October 20, 2015

38 weeks! 14 days to go

OMG, I'm so tired!  I had a nice day, albeit busy and not as productive as I hoped.  We are into the final stretch, both of the pregnancy and the crazy activities for the fall.  My kids have two more soccer games and have finished swim team for the fall.  Actually, they had a meet on Saturday, and did really well!  They each got medals for participating in all four races, and Turtle even won a trophy for getting third place overall in his age group.  They also have a violin concert coming up, next Monday.  So after the swim meet last weekend, these last two soccer games, and the concert, we are pretty darn free for the rest of the fall and winter.  Whew!  I can't wait.

All of this ends right before my due date, except the end-of-season soccer parties, which will almost certainly occur after my due date, and I don't know if I'll be able to make it.  Our au pair comes on Thursday, just two more days.  I'm still a little nervous - it's weird to have a total stranger arrive at the airport and you have to make them feel at home, although at least I have a lot of experience with both being a foreigner in her country and welcoming Italians to the US.  And I did some solo travel in Europe at her age, so I remember what it was like, too.  I think we'll do a pretty good job of helping her to fit in, I just hope our personalities all mesh well enough to make living together pleasant for everyone.

Tomorrow, my kids have a kindergarten field trip to the pumpkin patch, and I am volunteering, then I have to race to an OB appointment with an OB who is on call and may not even be there, and then I have to pick the kids up, grab lunch, go to swim lessons (we're doing once-a-week lessons through the winter), run a bunch of errands, and practice violin before meeting at my husband's office to attend their work dinner and costume party.  It's going to be a really busy day.

Oh, I almost forgot - we got a new car!  A Ford C-max hybrid.  We got it last night, and I need to do some research into how to get our state rebate, on top of the rest of the things I have to do before the baby comes.  It's really coming down to the wire, and I am hoping that the baby waits until right around his due date, but not much longer, to make an appearance.  It's a delicate balance, and I know babies often have their own plans, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyway, we are selling our old car, and I'm a bit sad about that.  It's the first car we bought together, we loved it, and it has done well for us.  Another piece of our old life will be gone.  Luckily our new car is pretty cool to make up for it.

I met with my doulas on Sunday.  I thought the visit went pretty well, although my husband barely participated.  Actually, whenever I get around to clearing off my desk, they gave me some stuff to read and fill out to help me prepare for what I will be comfortable with during labor, and how to get ready for it.

Anyway, it's late, and I need to get to bed.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!