Friday, April 17, 2009

TGIF!!!!

OMG, I have a half hour left of work and then I get to leave.

I have a busy weekend IRL, and pretty much nothing going on in my "infertile life" besides Clomid again. Clomid starts tonight, CD 3. Unless I suddenly start developing side-effects that I haven't experienced before, I won't really have much to say.

The only thing I can think of is that I was such an airhead. The pharmacy called me to verify my order, and said "Just HCG, right?" And all of a sudden I was like, wait a sec! I never even brought up the progesterone to my doctor - like, if she thought it helped, if it was pointless, should I be taking it this cycle, etc. I had to call the clinic and verify that yes, I should take progesterone, ask them to call the pharmacy, and then the clinic called me right back to point out that I had refills on the progesterone so I could just order it myself. Oh. Right. Whoops.

Meds to arrive on Monday. Second ultra-sound next Friday. Next Saturday I'm supposed to go up to the foothills/mountains for a girls weekend with friends. Now I'll either have to come back late Saturday night or early Sunday morning for a Sunday IUI, or I'll have to give myself my injection in my friend's bathroom Saturday night for a Monday IUI, and then ask to store my meds in her fridge. Either way, it's going to be a little awkward. And I really don't want to miss the wildflower hike she's planning, so I hope the timing works out for me one way or another.

But it will be well worth it, no matter what. I'm determined to be optimistic about this cycle.

2 comments:

  1. YAY for optimism! sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. a wildflower hike sounds amazing, although if i were there i would spend all my time taking photos i'm sure!
    now you just have to worry about your friends catching you "shooting up" in the bathroom and thinking you are on drugs ;)

    good luck this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!
    Thanks for the comment on my blog!
    hugs
    S X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!