Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sock It To Me

Hey ! Finally! A picture of my beee-you-tiful socks! My sock partner was Beautiful Mess, and she sent me the cheeriest, happiest socks you can imagine. Take a look:


I was so happy to receive my socks in the mail, and I've worn them to every RE visit since (and a few other times, too). They're so perfect for this time of year, I'm trying to figure out an outfit so that I can wear them on Easter - especially since that's going to be the day of my HPT.

Beautiful Mess and SITM were great introductions to the IF blogging world. I started my blog back in, um, October? Mostly because I was feeling so much pain and had to write it down. I kept it password protected, and almost never commented on others' blogs because I was too shy and felt that until I reached one year of ttc, I didn't really belong.

Once I got up my courage, I commented on Murgdan's blog, and she started checking in on me once in a while. That gave me even more courage, and I started to get involved. Somehow I stumbled onto Kym's blog, and found the SITM sock exchange - I thought it was a great idea. I was so excited to pick out socks for my sock buddy, Battynurse, and to get my socks from Beautiful Mess. And that opened up a whole new world of blogs and support.

I love being part of this network of support. The reactions I get from my bloggie friends are so different than from people I know IRL, and people here actually understand what I'm talking about and what I'm going through in a way that my IRL friends (and even my husband) just can't. It's been a great support, even on the days when I just want to cry on the couch and wait for bedtime. And honestly, being able to hope against hope for others takes a lot of the focus off of thinking only of myself, which is great. Being a part of a support team has been just as rewarding as having a support team.

So ... thank all of you! Thanks Beautiful Mess for my socks, and everyone else for all the words of hope!

4 comments:

  1. YAAAAY!!! I've been waiting for this post because I wanted to see what they looked like. Obviously I knew what the looked like, but on the website. I'm so glad you like them and they are so cute! As soon as I saw them I thought they were perfect! You should wear a skirt and a pair of boots with them, that would wold be really cute! I'm gonna go check out your sock buddy, now.
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great socks!! And I totally hear what you're saying about the amazing IF blogging community...what a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Che belle calze! :-) Glad I could help usher you into blogworld...it was the same way for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!