Tuesday, March 17, 2009

CD 1 of IUI #2

Yup, AF is here again. Dammit. Not that I wasn't expecting it after 4 days of spotting, but still.

Of course I'm excited to start IUI #2, but I have to wonder, as always, WTF?! Why can't we do this on our own? We tried plenty of times during the right time period this last month. Why can't they find something wrong with us? What are we missing?

I called and scheduled my baseline u/s for this afternoon. It was weird, they asked if we are doing another Clomid cycle, and I was like, um, yes? Am I supposed to decide that? You guys are the medical people. You tell me!

I mentioned that I had been spotting since Friday, but I don't know how seriously they took it. Needless to say, I'll bring it up at the appointment this afternoon.

So now I have 4 weeks of fun to look forward to - Clomid, injections, ultrasounds, a catheter, and my favorite thing ever (not) - the 2ww!

Please, please, please let it work this time.

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck!

    regarding your comment on my blog:
    my doctor routinely does 2 days of IUI followed by Progesterone suppositories. i think pretty much just to give you the best chance possible. after all the time and effort trying to get pregnant with clomid and monitoring and all that, they figure they might as well help prevent a possible miscarriage. i know it makes me feel better using the progesterone- you should ask your doctor about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for you this time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO much for your comment on Mel's post. I've had a rough week or so and today topped it off. Then to read what you and Liv wrote about me, pushed me over the edge. In a good way. Although I do hate crying, but I'd rather cry over kindness then sadness ANY day! OK enough about me...I'm wishing you SO much good luck with your IUI and you and your husband are in my prayers.
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!