Friday, October 16, 2009

Non-IF-related crappiness

Have to find my zen, have to find my zen, have to find my zen.

Dammit, where did it go?

My husband is sick. The guy who NEVER gets sick and NEVER misses work and even works every weekend is at home in bed. I'm really worried. I'm worried about him. I'm worried about our IVF cycle. I'm worried about me getting sick, too. It's just so unfortunate not only to be sick, but to be sick RIGHT NOW.

And then.

My realtor called. The house we've been thinking about, the house we've been going to look at, the house for which we just got pre-approved for a loan YESTERDAY ... someone put in an offer. I called my husband to tell him, unfortunately waking him up (I feel SO bad about that), and he said there's no way he wants to pay full price OR think about making an offer today while he feels so crappy.

So we will probably not be getting the house. I've been through this enough times to know how it goes.

And I can tell that our realtor has just about had it with us. Not that I blame him. I'm mad at my husband for taking up so much of our realtor's time and getting my hopes up and letting me go ahead with getting our financial stuff together and going to see a broker and getting pre-approved and then not being serious about actually buying a house. I know I'm pushing for it a lot more than he is, but if he really doesn't want to buy a house, why doesn't he just freaking say so?

It's hard to be so mad at him when he's sick. Sigh.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate it when my DH is sick! I am sorry about the house, that's too bad. I hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about how all the house stuff is turning out.
    My husband is the same way with getting sick - he only gets sick maybe once every 5 years. I can understand not wanting to deal with anything stressful when you're under the weather, but I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better :(.

    Maybe the other offer will fall through?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sending prayers and good thoughts that your hubby's bout with the crud will be short, that you WON'T catch it, and that everything will stay on track for your cycle. Also, that things will work out with the house. I know what it's like to have a dh that needs a kick in the butt in the big purchase department.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does not sound like a fun day. I'm hoping hubby feels better, you don't get sick, and the house comes through anyway! The good thing about being pre-approved, is that now you don't have to worry about that aspect of it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound like a crappy day. I know it must be disappointing to lose the house, but buying a house can be really intimidating. Maybe your husband is just worried.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right -- that was a no -good-very-bad day! Whenever my Boy is sick (which is rare) it is like the world has just ended, so I am always glad to see it pass.

    I hope you and DH get the house you both want, and that it is an exciting and fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry hubby is sick. I hope he feels better soon and that you don't get sick. Sorry about the house too. That's hard. I know when I was looking at houses the first two I found someone beat me just barely with a bid. I ended up liking the house I bought but not quite as well as the first one. I hope things work out ok whatever happens with the house stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The house stuff can be soooo stressful and frustrating. I bought my first place on my own, and lost 2 (what I thought to be) 'perfect' places to higher offers. People told me it "wasn't meant to be" (which I don't believe in) and that something better would come along.

    Well, the place I ended up buying was definitely "something better". It's hard to wait and not know, but you guys will find 'your' house and it will be great, even if it's not this one.

    Hope your husband feels better soon and gets on board on this house hunt!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!