Thursday, October 15, 2009

Biding time

I am feeling a little amazed by how easy the IVF process is so far. Admittedly, I haven't done any of the hard stuff yet.

Egg retreival makes me nervous, but doesn't exactly scare me because I won't be aware of anything that's going on. Maybe a little nervous that we won't get that far or won't get many eggs (or any at all).

Embryo transfer makes me excited, not nervous at all (well, slightly nervous about not being able to hold my pee).

PIO makes me so nervous I want to puke, but I'm just not thinking about it. Since all the injectibles so far have been way easier than I expected, I'm hoping that the trend will keep holding true for PIO.

The 2ww, eh, ok I'm nervous about that. That has always been the worst part of ttc and IF, and I don't expect that to change. I'm planning to keep myself incredibly busy (but not super active!) during that time.

I don't know if this feels easier than expected because my expectations were just wildly unrealistic, or that I'm so much stronger than I thought, or that my husband is so supportive and calm and helpful. Or maybe I'm just not far enough into it yet, and things start getting crazy from here.

I don't know, but I'm incredibly grateful that I am holding up so well and I pray that I and all those who are cycling with me this month find strength and peace for the next four weeks and for whatever comes after.

6 comments:

  1. On the pee thing if you couldn't hold it that wouldn't be the first time they've seen that. I'm hoping that this whole thing works great and brings you a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I hope everything goes well. I'll be interested to hear your experiences this month as I'm considering switching over to IVF in a few months. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've had such a good experience so far - I hope it stays easy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, i sort of felt like, oh!? this is all it takes?! not one step was as overwhelming as it seemed before it began...the PIO is the easiest part, i think, probably because i though it would be the worst part. and if you get to do PIO for weeks on end it would mean you're knocked up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this -- I start my IVF v1.1 on Thursday and am not a needle fan to begin with, so... thank you thank you for making me less nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. best of luck! i'll be following your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!