Tuesday, December 1, 2009

7 weeks (tomorrow)

Time is going so slowly!

It probably doesn't help that I'm so, so sick. I HATE morning sickness. But really, let's call it all-day-sickness. Or all-day-and-night sickness. I haven't vomited, but the nausea, it is killing me. I've been eating sal.tine crackers, but I just switched over to Chee.rios, which is probably good because with the amount I've been eating, I was getting a LOT of extra salt.

I don't think my diet is very balanced at all, because carbs seem to make me feel the best. I'm squeezing in some veggies here and there, too. I'm also kind of realizing that it's going to be hard to avoid the foods I'm supposed to avoid, harder than I thought. They're EVERYWHERE!

So that's life right now - constantly feeling sick and just trying to get through each day. Hopefully we'll have more news on Thursday, at our ultrasound. Less than 48 hours to go!

10 comments:

  1. Sorry that you aren't feeling well. Hope that goes away soon! I thought time went so slow in the beginning, too, but now it feels like it's going so quick! Can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to feel better soon. Can't wait to see u/s pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you're feeling so sick! But for what it's worth-- the first trimester is the one where you don't have to worry so much about your diet. (Obviously avoid dangerous foods, though.) Worry more about keeping food down than getting all the "right" foods like veggies and such. You'll have time to catch up on that later on and with it being so early the babe doesn't need the nutrients quite so much. :) Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the all-day sickness, too. I bought some accupressure wristbands that helped. They looked kind of stupid, but they helped.

    Still so excited for you. I'll be waiting for your update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so glad you are sick ;) that means everything is growing as it should in there. eat whatever makes you feel good. you'll feel better again one day and you can focus on veggies then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister found it helpful to add in fat (cheese, butter,etc) to curb the carb cravings. They are inevitable for the first few weeks I guess, but your body needs energy and fat provides your body with longer-lasting energy than carbs.
    I wouldn't worry too much about your diet right now though - you're doing the best you can! Hope you feel better soon :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazingly, it ends. i still can't really believe that i don't feel sick anymore. milk helped me. tomato sauce was a killer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to hear how today went for you. Mine went great, we heard the heartbeat. I hope you start to feel better. I have been really uneasy too, but better than it sounds then you. I am so sorry you aren't feeling great. Hopefully it subsides soon. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. for what it's worth, I was sick for about a week and then it went away and I credit acupuncture for making it go away. I swear, as soon as I started going to acupuncture, my sickness was greatly reduced to food aversions and occasional wooziness. I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!