I'm still waiting to hear from the orthopedic surgeon to see what he thinks about scheduling an IVF cycle soon after knee surgery, but my RE said she thought it was fine. So I'm beginning to get a schedule in mind. I don't think my husband is even willing to discuss it until I hear from both doctors though.
*** To clear up some confusion about my insurance - we have a high-deductible HSA (health savings account) plan. Once we meet our deductible (which is, as the name suggests, quite high), insurance pays for just about everything for the rest of the year (except, of course, infertility treatment). We have already met our deductible this year, so it just makes sense to try to do any expensive covered procedures before the end of the year. The insurance is through my husband, who owns his own company, so that will not be changing anytime soon. I declined my rather nice insurance through the state in September, conveniently right before we started seeing the OBGYN about infertility (argh, hindsight). I could theoretically get my own insurance for next year, but it sounds like none of the options my work offers cover infertility. It's complicated. ***
Here's the plan that's in my head:
July 11 - triathlon!
July 31-August 10 - Alaska (woohoo!)
August 16 - turn 31 (yay for birthday! boo for getting old)
August 30 - possible relay triathlon with coworkers (last hurrah)
September 3 - knee surgery
September 4-11 - off work for recovery
October 13 - approximate start date of Lupron (6 weeks after surgery)
October 21 - approximate start date of stims (7 weeks after surgery)
November 1-7 - projected possible dates of ER and ET (9 weeks after surgery)
This sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?