I am really nervous about my ultrasound this afternoon.
First, because it is going to be the first cycle with a higher dose of clomid, and I'm just praying it makes a difference. This should be the month for my right ovary, which has had two good follicles each time previously, so I'm really, really hoping a higher dose of meds will produce a couple more follicles. I'm thrilled that I should be starting the meds tonight - I HATE the time periods in which I'm not doing anything.
Second, I'm nervous because my husband is coming along and we're going to ask the doc some questions. I don't know if she'll have us make a follow-up consultation to discuss things, but I am really starting to want some answers. Here are some of my questions:
1. Why do you think that nothing has worked so far?
2. Should we do any more testing? If so, what do you recommend? (i.e. hormone tests, laparoscopy, more SAs, genetic testing)
3. Do you think I could have endometriosis?
4. Do you think that maybe there is a problem with my eggs?
5. What do you think our next step should be if this round doesn't work?
6. What do you think about IUI with injectables?
7. How would you compare IVF to IUI with injectables, in terms of costs and outcomes, keeping in mind our ages (30 and 34) and diagnosis (unexplained)?
I think it's a pretty good list, hopefully I remember it all!
Any other ideas?