Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Rain

We are in such dire straights, friends, there is no rain.  It has almost not rained this winter, and barely rained last year.  I just looked at the 10-day forecast, and there is no end in sight.  It's so bad.  We were up at Lake Tahoe for New Year's in the Sierra Nevadas, and there is basically no snow on any south-facing mountainsides.  It looks like the end of spring.  It's a disaster.

Ironically, I got new skis for Christmas.  I wonder if I'll get to use them this year.  I'm starting to be doubtful.

Anyway.  I wanted to catch up on the last month.  We had a wonderful holiday, although I am thrilled the kids are back in school now.  I need a chance to get back on track with housework, real work, and exercise.  We were home for Christmas - well we spent Christmas Eve at my mom's, then came back to my place for the night and Christmas Day, along with my mother, brother and sister-in-law, and my nephews and niece who are all visiting from Washington.  It was awesome to have them here for two weeks.  My kids fell in love with their cousins.  I just wish they were closer so they could have a bigger extended family.

For Christmas this year, they didn't get a ton of toys, although there are still plenty.  The big gift, which they don't seem as excited about as I hoped, was a really cool, big, wooden dollhouse.  They also got legos and some other small toys, and my mom went overboard as usual.  I shudder to think how much she spent on gifts for her 5 grandchildren.

Speaking of my mother, things are really not good.  I'm trying to find a therapist, but it's so hard!  I can't believe it.  I research and find one that sounds like he or she might be a good fit, leave a message, wait for a call back, and then they tell me they're not accepting new patients or they want private pay only, no insurance.  I think I've done this at least 4 or 5 times now.  And then I have to find time to sit at the computer again and do more research and I go through the whole thing again.  After my mom hung up on me today, I have called three therapists - the first called me back quickly to say she's full, the second thankfully said she was full in her outgoing message so I didn't have to wait for her to call and tell me that, and I'm waiting to hear back from the third.  But I'm so frustrated.  Please send good thoughts that I'll find a compatible therapist soon so I can get back on the road to sanity and hopefully help my anxiety, too.

Anyway, I'm about to go pick up the munchkins, but I will try to write more regularly now that the holidays are over.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!