Friday, September 11, 2009

Still here

It has been another busy, long week. I've been working from home, although it's been in fits and starts while I take naps, do my exercises, and take 10 times as long to do anything I did before.

I went to the dr. on Wednesday and also to physical therapy. The therapist said I was doing great and had done a great job with my post-surgery exercises. I have already been through this type of therapy when I originally injured my knee, so I knew what I was doing, which helped. The doctor was also happy with my progress. He showed me pictures of the arthroscopy, and aspirated fluid from my knee with a needle and HUGE syringe. I am still quite the wuss. I could watch either that or when the nurse took out my stitches. My husband laughed at me the whole time.

Last night I had friends from work over and my husband made dinner and cleaned up while we played games. I owe him BIG TIME. I want to cook him one of his favorite meals, but I can't because first I can't really stand for that long (I cooked something last night and my foot got so swollen I looked like a pincushion) and second I can't really clean up after myself so he'd have a big mess to clean up. I can't figure out what I can do for him to thank him for all of his work unless I wait for weeks to be able to walk again. It's very frustrating.

I'm starting to realize the countdown AFTER surgery is just as big of a deal as the countdown TO surgery - bigger, even. Just like with a baby, every milestone is a big deal, and they come really fast.

I keep looking at my blog just to look at the tickers at the top. I can't believe IVF #1 is only a month away. I actually have a baseline ultrasound in less than two weeks, so I guess we're really getting started quite soon. Between my physical therapy and my IVF appointments, my boss is going to be super-annoyed with me. Oh well. That's life, right?

Have a good weekend everyone.

5 comments:

  1. wow only two weeks until baseline? that will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your recovery is going well :). I'm sure your hubby is happy to take care of you and allow you to have a good time with your friends even though it's a lot of work.
    Hopefully the next couple weeks will fly by until your IVF cycle starts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're healing well. Hope the time flies till it's time for the IVF. Oh and the egg class even though it sounds goofy is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    Just wanted to let you know that our IUI#1 did not work. BFN. So strange, because my silly body played tricks on me, making me think it was actually happening...Anyway, best of luck for a speedy recovery and your IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're doing better! Great job on the exercises and physical therapy! Your DH sounds so sweet. :)

    It's all going by so fast! IVF is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!