I don't have a lot of time, but here's a quick update. We had our big ultrasound today. The one they told us would take an hour. The one that, last time with the twins, took more than an hour, and we got tons of pictures and saw them in 3D. This time, it took 10 minutes, we got 4 pictures (two showing he's a boy (YAY!), one of his foot, and one that's completely unrecognizable), the tech said something on the order of "everything looks good, the exit is that way" and that was it. Is that normal? Did we get a lot of special treatment last time since it was twins? I don't know. It seemed weird.
I called the OB on Monday and they recommended a stronger antacid and having a snack with protein before bed. So for two nights now I've been taking Zantac and having whole wheat toast with almond butter before bed, and I feel amazing. The problem is that I have no idea if the underlying issue may have cleared up without taking the risk of going without the meds, and I don't feel like doing that right now. So, I figure I'll keep doing it for a bit and then experiment without the meds for a day or two.
I've had terrible upper back pain, caused from tension I believe. So I'm getting a prenatal massage tomorrow. I was in so much pain last night I could barely function, although today is better. Still we're going backpacking this weekend, and I can't risk not being able to carry a pack and canceling the whole trip for everyone. Plus I think I deserve a massage once in a while, so there you go. I'm really looking forward to it.
My kids started swim team yesterday. For their age, it's really more like swim lessons, and they've had so many lessons so far that they're obviously way ahead of most of the other kids. I'm worried it may be a step back for them, but too late now, and I think they'll have fun anyway. And they'll get to compete in a swim meet if they want. They're also still doing indoor soccer, but most of their friends are switching to regular AYSO in the fall. I've been leaning against it, because they'd be on two different teams which means two separate practices and two separate games each week, but if all their friends leave indoor soccer, then I'm not sure they'd enjoy it that much anyway. So now I'm starting to lean more in favor of it. And I have to decide soon, since the last day of sign-ups is tomorrow.
Last update - we decided we'd like to seriously consider an au pair, but we can't find any from Italy. We're going to start our own search soon, because we REALLY want an Italian-speaking helper. It looks like I may have more work starting up soon, and if it continues into the fall, with two kids starting school and a newborn on the way, not to mention all the holidays that our family usually hosts, I think I'm going to need the extra pair of hands.
So ... there are my thoughts. Now I've got to get this place cleaned up a bit before leaving for swimming then soccer then library, then friends over!!!! We're way too busy!