Wednesday, May 27, 2015

17 weeks!

Actually 17 weeks was yesterday.  With the holiday weekend, I lost track.  On Monday, we went kayaking, and it was lots of fun.  And only took a few hours.  And was totally free, since our friends have relatives who live nearby and have a canoe and an inflatable kayak.  So we packed the kids in, bought some life vests (ok, not totally free), packed a lunch, and set off.  Aside from some slight sun burns on my and hubby, a great time was had by all.

I had another midwife appointment today, and it went well.  Gecko was apparently being quite active and she had a hard time getting his heartbeat on the doppler.  I also got a slip to get another blood test, and the ultrasound office should be calling me to schedule an appointment for our 20-week ultrasound, which I may have to do during week 19.  Which is coming up really quickly.

Otherwise, things are good.  I'm tired most of the time, and my stomach is upset a lot.  I've been eating a lot of crap, so I'm trying to motivate myself to change that.  I'm also gradually preparing for Gecko's arrival, mostly by trying to get the kids' rooms a bit more organized and getting rid of clutter.  I also went to a friend's last week and took home a bunch of 0-12 month clothes that she was getting rid of.  Now I need to organize all of that.

And that's about it.  I'm still swimming, still going to prenatal yoga, and would love to start biking a bit, but it's been so windy that I haven't wanted to go out on the bike.  We've also been taking the kids rock climbing a bit, and while our plans for our first backpacking trip last weekend got cancelled because of thunderstorms in the mountains, we're considering trying it again pretty soon.  And that's life!  It's pretty good at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!