Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Still .... sick ....

Oops.  I wrote that last post and then never hit publish.  Sorry about that.

We have all settled into out nasty little cold, but the kids seem mostly over it.  Thank goodness.  As for me, it has settled in my sinuses, and is causing me terrible sinus pain.  I'm not sure at what point I should go to the doctor.  Last night I slept 10 hours, causing us all to sleep in (I'm the family alarm clock normally), resulting in a rushed, difficult morning.  And now I'm at home at a bit of a loss about what to do with myself, while the kids are in school, because I'm lethargic and leaning over hurts so bad that it's hard to do anything.  I'm not sure if I'll go to the gym, either.

Just found out that not only are my in-laws considering visiting us for Thanksgiving, but also possibly my husband's aunt and uncle, too, so we might have a house-full.  A fun house-full, though! Although we may not be able to invite all the local people I thought might be possibilities (most of whom are actually Italian) for lack of space but also to keep the English-speaking company a slightly larger minority.  I hope we can get a final head count pretty soon so I can order a turkey - I can't believe it's almost that time of year!

On other fronts - I haven't lost any weight (was hoping to lose 5 pounds by a trip we have coming up in 3 weeks, but I'm doubting it's going to happen), and with all this sickness, going to the gym is still hit or miss.  My garden is almost completely planted for fall/winter, finally.  Still need to get some broccoli and onion starts, and plant more turnips, beets, and carrots, but otherwise we are looking good!  I do have some stuff to get out of the ground, still, too but I am waiting for a day that I feel better and the weather is better.

I'm reading a fantastic book called The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern.  I'm really enjoying it a lot, although I haven't finished it so I can't give a final thumbs up or down just yet.  But it is an intriguing, well-written book that is totally captivating my attention.

In the meantime, I have a hugely long to-do list of crafting projects, cleaning projects, and organizing projects, none of which ever seem to happen.  I'm doing a very loose-meal-planning theme in which we have a soup night, a pasta night, and a rice night every week.  Most of those include vegetables or salad, and the other nights, we might have meat or a variety of other vegetables.  Tonight we are having carrots sauteed with garlic and split pea soup, which is already smelling fantastic bubbling away on the stove.

I hope by the next time I write that I am feeling better and have things a bit more under control around here.  Maybe by Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, ya'll sound like us! Just one cold/ear infection after another. And of course, once Davie gets it, we're all doomed! I hope you're all feeling better already and can enjoy Halloween!

    Thanks for all the advice on toddler tantrums. I think as long as Troy and I and my parents can communicate and be consistent, it will help. As will just riding it out! You're right, she'll outgrow it eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!