Thursday, October 3, 2013

October Goals

Well, I need to get this out there, somehow.  So here we go!

1. Bike more when the weather permits.  And my physical health.
2. Run - this one is temporarily on hold for a week because of hip pain and I'm experimenting to see if I can get it to go away.  But started next week, I hope to run 2-3 times per week
3. Go to the gym!  Any weekday that I don't exercise at home (i.e. run in the greenbelt).  I just joined this morning and I'm going this afternoon for a swim.  Yay!
4. Get the paperwork under control.  Clean out and organize the file drawers.
5. Get summer garden pulled out and fall/winter garden planted.  I've already gotten started, not too much more to do!
6. No St.arb.ucks.  Pee.ts once a week at most.  It's to be considered a treat.  Tea and coffee at home are fine.  I'm doing pretty well with this one so far.
7. I'm trying to lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving, so 5 pounds during the month of October.  My husband lent our scale to a friend, so I will have to weigh myself at the gym today to get a starting weight.
8. Get to bed at 10, lights out at 10:30 on weeknights.  Exceptions on Sundays if we are hanging out with friends.
9. Get lunches packed for the kids at night.  No excuses.
10. Clean out my closet - not the clothes (although I might do that soon), but all the other random stuff stored in there.
11. Clean out the garage - this may go to November, because the garage is actually pretty clean, but I am storing a ton of stuff that I don't even know what it is and I can probably get rid of.  But sorting through it all is going to be slow work, not a half-day job, so I need to be realistic about it.
12. Get my substitute teaching application mailed off - still need to find my CBEST scores and get fingerprinted.
13. Start volunteering at our local Shriner's hospital for children - mailed the application today!
14. Combine this blog with my other blog and port it to a better site - working on it hopefully with my husband's help.
15. Hopefully work on some crafting.  A couple small projects at least.  This will probably require getting a bit more organized.
16. Practice piano once a week.
17. Get the kids' Halloween costumes together.  Tadpole wants to be a pink fairy, and Turtle wants to be a firefighter.  I think.  I'm not so sure about him.  He wants to be something red, because he likes fire trucks.  He's a bit wishy washy about what that actually means, though.

Whew, that's a lot!  And I've got exactly 4 weeks to get it done, so please wish me luck.

Do you have goals for October?

1 comment:

  1. I feel like such an underachiever after I read your blog. You're one of those naturally high metabolism people, aren't you? :)
    My goals: Next Friday, to make a fall wreath. That's crafty, right?
    To get more involoved at church, get to know people there better.
    Try desperately not to fart, burp or pee myself in public ... which should be a given but is getting increasingly more difficult to achieve.
    Yay for meaningful goals! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!