Well, I need to get this out there, somehow. So here we go!
1. Bike more when the weather permits. And my physical health.
2. Run - this one is temporarily on hold for a week because of hip pain and I'm experimenting to see if I can get it to go away. But started next week, I hope to run 2-3 times per week
3. Go to the gym! Any weekday that I don't exercise at home (i.e. run in the greenbelt). I just joined this morning and I'm going this afternoon for a swim. Yay!
4. Get the paperwork under control. Clean out and organize the file drawers.
5. Get summer garden pulled out and fall/winter garden planted. I've already gotten started, not too much more to do!
6. No St.arb.ucks. Pee.ts once a week at most. It's to be considered a treat. Tea and coffee at home are fine. I'm doing pretty well with this one so far.
7. I'm trying to lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving, so 5 pounds during the month of October. My husband lent our scale to a friend, so I will have to weigh myself at the gym today to get a starting weight.
8. Get to bed at 10, lights out at 10:30 on weeknights. Exceptions on Sundays if we are hanging out with friends.
9. Get lunches packed for the kids at night. No excuses.
10. Clean out my closet - not the clothes (although I might do that soon), but all the other random stuff stored in there.
11. Clean out the garage - this may go to November, because the garage is actually pretty clean, but I am storing a ton of stuff that I don't even know what it is and I can probably get rid of. But sorting through it all is going to be slow work, not a half-day job, so I need to be realistic about it.
12. Get my substitute teaching application mailed off - still need to find my CBEST scores and get fingerprinted.
13. Start volunteering at our local Shriner's hospital for children - mailed the application today!
14. Combine this blog with my other blog and port it to a better site - working on it hopefully with my husband's help.
15. Hopefully work on some crafting. A couple small projects at least. This will probably require getting a bit more organized.
16. Practice piano once a week.
17. Get the kids' Halloween costumes together. Tadpole wants to be a pink fairy, and Turtle wants to be a firefighter. I think. I'm not so sure about him. He wants to be something red, because he likes fire trucks. He's a bit wishy washy about what that actually means, though.
Whew, that's a lot! And I've got exactly 4 weeks to get it done, so please wish me luck.
Do you have goals for October?