Sunday, July 17, 2011

Rambling

It's 6am. It's been over a month since I posted. Life has been tough. I've lost pretty much all my day help, and I'm managing just fine, but I don't have extra time for blogging, unless my cat has woken me up at 5:30 and insomnia kicks in. Actually, Turtle woke me up much earlier and I haven't slept much since then. So I am tired. But they'll both be up within the hour and I am having trouble sleeping, so I'm officially giving up and waving the white flag.

My kids turned 1. I have two one-year-olds! I wish I'd had time to write. I wanted to write a letter to them, too, and I didn't. They are wonderful, sometimes terrible, adorable little creatures, running around, playing with toys, getting into everything, eating new things (Tadpole) or not (Turtle), throwing temper tantrums, almost sleeping through the night (most nights), starting to say a few hard-to-discern words (Turtle), dancing to the music, climbing in the dishwasher, and putting everything in their mouths. They keep me really busy!

Also, my computer died, and it took me a little while to get a new one. I've just been a little out of touch with the online world for the last few weeks.

We're leaving for Italy for a 5.5-week trip, which I haven't really started preparing for, and we're going in 2 weeks. We'll have two 13-month-olds on a 12-hour flight. I'm actually a little scared.

I have lots of friends having kids, including one friend who had her son, her first child, the day after my kids' first birthday. Another is a friend from work who knew quite a bit about my struggles with infertility (and has gratefully taken a lot of the baby stuff off my hands). I've been buying a lot of shower and baby gifts, and remembering a year ago when it was my turn, and missing it. My husband isn't missing it at all. I have lots of thoughts on having more kid(s), and whether or not I think it's a good idea, which may all be moot anyway since we don't even know if it's a physical possibility. I'd like to write about it. In all honesty, I don't know if I have time.

So, here's to kids (not babies anymore!) turning 1, to summer, to bloggy friends (who i'm still following, even if I have no time for commenting) adopting and getting pregnant, to other bloggy friends whose babies are also growing up, and to friends in real life who are having babies too. Here's to Italy, and rock climbing, and having time to write even if it's time I'd rather be sleeping. Here's to life, and hopefully to more writing in the very near future.

3 comments:

  1. Happ belated birthday to the twins! Good luck preping for the trip!

    It will get easier. Trust me - it took me around a month to get to a point after I lost most of my help to fall in to a solid managable routine. Sticking to a schedule and preping everything the night before (after the twins sleep) is my sanity saver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry things are tough - I hope it gets better soon.

    I thought that as they got older, it would get easier - it seems to just get busier as they figure out more things to get into/destroy.

    Good luck w/ the Italy trip - you're a brave woman to take two toddlers on a 12 hr flight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you! Congrats on having one year olds! I can't believe how time flies...seems like just yesterday you were finding out you were pregnant. Wow.
    Hope the trip to Italy goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!