Monday, May 10, 2010

Chugging along

I REALLY can't believe how crazy life gets when one is pregnant with twins, remodeling, packing/moving, AND working full time. I wish I was on maternity leave already.

Mother's Day was ... well, I'm just going to say it sucked, mostly as per usual (although much more in many ways). Here is a sample of how my day went with my mother:

Scene: My mom and sister are dropping me off at the train station at the end of the day, so I can make it back home in time for my childbirth class.

Me: Happy Mother's Day!
Mom: Did you realize that's the first time you've said that all day?
Me: Um, yes, I guess so.
Mom: So you DO realize that?
Me: Well, yes.
Mom: Did you do that on purpose?

Well, fuck me. What a bitch. I am sorry my kids are going to have to deal with this, and watch me deal with it, too. I am seriously thinking I need some therapy to learn how to handle this better before it affects my kids.

BIG DEEP BREATH. OK. Whew.

Last childbirth class last night - it was very, very helpful and useful. I learned all about C-sections and anything that makes a labor and delivery non-natural (sorry if I'm misusing that term). Pain meds, narcotics, inducements, epidurals and spinals, vacuum assist, baby monitoring, and so on. It was so informative.

They gave us a pretty handy fill-in-the-blank birth plan to use, but I'm not sure what applies to twin births or not, so I'm going to fill it out now and take it with me to my midwife appointment on Friday to have her review it.

Baby stuff is starting to trickle in. I'm having a lot of people offer me stuff that I didn't particularly want nor register for (b/c it's huge, not really necessary, etc.), but it's hard to turn down free stuff that might turn out to be useful. It will be nice to finally have a nursery to put some of this stuff in - soon! As soon as we can pick our wood floors and get them ordered. We might have a room to start working on in a week or two, I can only hope.

It's pretty crazy to think that in 5-8 weeks, we will probably be parents.

2 comments:

  1. You've got a lot on your plate!

    Mother's Day will always be bittersweet for me.

    Yea, we had a lot of people buy stuff they wanted to buy, and not touch our Target/BRU registries. Like, we have TONS (probably more than we need) of baby clothes up to 3mo., but we didn't have any bottles or a diaper bag. So yesterday I spent a lot of money ordering the little things we need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - when they find out we're having twins, people offer a ton of stuff that we've already got or don't have room for. How do you gracefully turn them down without hurting feelings?

    I'm sorry your Mother's day sucked - next year will be better for sure.

    I don't envy you having to move, work, etc. this late in the game - I hope you get a few days to relax before the babies arrive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!